Saturday 5 January 2013

Mary Kom asks women to learn martial arts..!!

Darjeeling: Women should take up martial arts to defend themselves from incidents such as the Delhi gangrape, Olympic bronze medalist boxer M C Mary Kom has said and given the example of a rickshaw whom she taught a lesson for making lewd remarks at her.

"Martial arts should not be taken up only as a sport. I urge all women to take up martial arts so that they can defend themselves to some extent," Mary said. "If I can box why can't you all? I urge women of this region to take up the sport," she said.

Mary said "I had beaten up a rickshawala sometime ago. When he started using filthy language, I lost my cool," she, said, but did not specify when and where the incident took place. 



For complete news visit: zeenews|india

We can't force anyone to change their thinking..need of hour is to CHANGE yourself..make yourself capable to cope up with these type of incidents..

6 comments:

  1. this is the ultimate requirement of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can oly agree: it would be great if more girls/women learned martial arts. A couple of years ago, I met a female jogger who had just been attacked by two young men (probably intending to rape her). Luckily she was a black belt martial artist and more than capable of dealing with the situation. One of the attackers ran off after receiving a well-deserved beating. And she kept the other attacker immobilized on the ground (that's when I happened to walk by) until the police showed up. She wasn't a big girl by any means and I guess those two punks thought she'd be an easy victim. Very nice that she was able to teach them a lesson that I'm sure they'll never forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i agree they will never forget and will think twice before even thinking about rape etc..
      thanks for sharing this incident over here..!!
      -admin(Supreet Kaur)

      Delete
  3. I am totally agree with you to save a girl child today for a better tomorrow. Girls should be empowered, made strong and given training of martial arts so that they could save themselves from any untoward incident.

    ReplyDelete