Friday 26 August 2011

Very painful incident..!

A few days ago, i had a very painful experience and that i want to share with you all... i just came back from my school and when i entered home my mom was very happy and she told me that our neighbours ( near to my home) are blessed with a cute litle princess.. i was so happy and after having my lunch i thought that i should go to congratulate them.. on my way to their home i met with some aunties . they all were standing in a group and were discussing something.. then only one of them called me and just started inquiring about my mom as she was not fine.. i told them about mom and then one of the aunty started discussing about that baby girl and she was so rude .. she was saying ' ki aa munda huna chahida c ah kuri kidro agyi aa pehlan v tan ik c hun ik hor agyi aa una bachareya da ki haal hunda hau us kuri nu dekh k' and all aunties were  agree with  that aunty.. i was just shocked that what all they are saying.. i tried to talk to them that why this difference? whats the problem with girl child but no one listened to me but still somehow i managed to talk to them and made them realize that girls are as important as boys but they all started saying 'assi kehra kehnde kuriya ni chahidiya par munde jyada jaruri hunde aa ik tan huna e chahida aa..' ... i don't know how to make them understand but i will never loose my confident i will try and try and will make them understand about girl child's importance........indirectly they were pointing towards me also as i am also a girl and i am having one sister. (Although i am having two brothers my cousins and they are more than real brothers to me... i love them a lot but people don't understand that) . i was completely broken .. i came back home and i was very upset. i told my mom and i asked her  that is that ever happened  with her when i was born? she said yes but she was happy and she told me she is very happy having daughters and she don't care about what people say... i am lucky that i am having parents who don't feel any difference between girl and boy .. but i am really worried about that girls  who are suffering from this difference and even that whose parents killed them before their birth...HAVE YOU EVER FACED SUCH SITUATION????

4 comments:

  1. its punjab's truth. A real cause of deterioration of sex ration in the state.

    But don't loose your heart, you are much better than boys..GIRL POWER ALL THE WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the story evrywhere..... i dont know why the mentality of the people doesnt changes.....
    people ask... "dont you have any brother?" like the whole world depends on boy child only....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are right gunjan.. even if we answer 'yes i am having my cousin brothers...' they will again ask 'no no do you have a real brother?' as if real brothers are everything... anywhere u go pepole have same ques... i have never came across ques like 'do you have a sister?' always people ask 'do you have a real brother' ..i hate such people... we too have a brother..i dnt understand that why people treat cousins as nothing. whenever i say 'i m having 2cousin brothers ..they love me a lot' i get a reply 'real brother is real no one can take his place...brothers are very important.. etc etc...'

    ReplyDelete